Vinyl siding isn’t just a quality upgrade for a home; it is a vital part of a home’s defenses. It is the protective skin that keeps warm air in throughout the winter and cool air in during the summer. Plus, it is the first line of defense against the damage hostile weather conditions can cause. That is why it is important to make sure your vinyl siding is doing its job. Here are 5 signs that it may be time to upgrade your siding in Delaware or Southern Pennsylvania.
- Extreme fading. Siding has come a long way in the last two decades. We now treat vinyl with color that penetrates all the way through, so it will keep its color a lot longer. If your siding is fading, it is definitely time for new siding. Not only will it make your home vibrant and beautiful again, but you’ll immediately receive all the benefits of having this new technology.
- High energy bills. Sometimes your siding won’t show you that it is worn out, but if your energy bills are through the roof, it can be an indicator that your siding has reached the end of its lifespan.
- Bubbling or blistering. If you’ve had your siding a long time, this type of damage is a warning flag. It is letting you know that it is no longer doing its job to the level it should. Upgrading to newer technologies will help you save the money you’re losing in energy
- Cracks. This is a sign you can’t miss. When siding begins to crack, it can become unsightly; but cracks are more than an eyesore. Those cracks will be letting water in through the wood of your home, and this can lead to expensive repairs or interior mold issues. If you’re seeing cracks, you may be able to solve your problem by replacing a few pieces; but be sure to have an expert tell you if the problem is widespread.
- Interior paint and wallpaper peeling. When your siding is letting moisture in, there can be many interior signs. The most noticeable will be when interior paint bubbles or peels and wallpaper glue loses its seal.
At Tyco’s Exterior Remodeling you’ll be getting the most advanced, state-of-the-art siding available on the market. That means longer-lasting value, strong durability, and quality installation you can depend on. Schedule your free consultation today for siding in Delaware or Southern Pennsylvania by filling out our contact form.